Beiträge von Nikolaite

Thank you, Stephan. Looking forward to it.

-- Nicole

Hi, folks, if someone could express this for me in German that would be great.

To address a question: the plan is that as long as there is no requirement of design change from vancool'o's feeback, we should have an Amazon listing up by 15 Nov 2018, and be able to ship product to the Amazon International Shipping Center that same day.

I will post here with a link as soon as the listing is open.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Nicole Smith

Gentlemen,

I have tested the AdBlue/DEF cap from the Citroen Jumper (2017 model) with the DEF filler neck for the RAM Promaster van (2017 model). I have confirmed that the cap does indeed fit.
    [Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43057100_1063157290512644_1743039299428810752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&oh=65d4204e60fd47c216987b2219b045dd&oe=5C14890C]

The cap for the Jumper also fits on the DEF filler neck for the "capless" RAM diesel trucks.
    [Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42978726_1063157280512645_280975656697724928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=90bb07f99e89737ba4e8c9be9a6ab4b7&oe=5C578592]

This got me looking closely at the Promaster DEF filler neck. What I saw is that the currently designed DEF-Loc only has a slight interference with Promaster DEF filler neck, but can be installed securely with some steady pressure.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42887265_1063157287179311_4809142827713822720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=4b2570ebc183a75091dba4473bec24b5&oe=5C14B504]

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43151792_1063157350512638_9160619532413304832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&oh=2a150f38083197a51e4e248d0094d861&oe=5C563767]

The interference is about .005 of an inch on the diameter. The unit will not require a face seal as we originally thought, but can instead work with our stock u-cup seal.

Also, the only part which I can see requires modification is the locking ward. I now have a modified unit which is working smoothly with the RAM Promaster DEF filler neck.

I will let you know what will happen next as we enter into testing prior to release.

Thank you for following this project.

-- Nicole Smith

Thank you, vancool'o, for your response.

My shipping address is:

Nicole Smith
    Bio-Environmental Modifiers
    601 South 17th Street
    Marysville, KS 66508
    USA

If you could generate a shipping quote and full purchase price with sales tax, I would be willing to send the amount to you via PayPal, if you can accept it that way, or some other means you suggest. You could return me a tracking number when the object is shipped.

Please email me (cs@bio-env.com) to let me know how you would like to proceed to receive payment.

Sincerely,

Nicole Smith

OK, more news. I have called the new local Fiat dealer several times in the last 24 hours, hoping he can locate the AdBlue/DEF filler neck for the Fiat Ducato. Unfortunately, neither he nor his parts manager had ever heard of the vehicle. This is very disappointing. I called a number of other more distant dealers (both Fiat and Chrysler), and some time ago even wrote to a Peugeot dealer in the UK hoping that they could put me in the way of a DEF filler neck, or even just the cap for the Peugeot Boxer. In the case of the Peugeot dealer, I am hearing nothing back. In the case of dealers here, I am hearing that they know nothing about the Fiat Ducato, and never even heard of the maker Peugeot or Citroen, much less the specific models. I tried to check specs on the DEF filler neck for the RAM ProMaster with the 3.0 L i4 ecodiesel engine with some Mopar and aftermarket parts distributors to see if there is an interchangeability in the filler end, caps, etc., but no one is confident that what is being sold in the EU or the UK is the same as here in the USA.

This brings me to a request. If anyone has or could get an AdBlue cap for a 2017 or later Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer or Citroen Jumper, I would like to know what it would take to purchase it and get it delivered here. I am sorry to depend so upon you gentlemen, but I feel I am making backward progress.

Sincerely,

Nicole

Ich fürchte hier kommt nichts mehr. DaBäda, Kontaktmann gen USAund "Entwickler" der genauen Maße ist hier wohl raus. Damit wir das wohl nichts mehr.
    @Nikolaite may you could give us some news, regarding the production of the DEF-Loc fitting for Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper?

LG Mariechen

Gentlemen,

I am sorry for the lack of response. I have been having a hard time locating a DEF filler neck for either the Peugeot Boxer or Citroen Jumper. The local Fiat dealer may be able to order one for me. The Fiat dealer is "new" in town, so I hope I have more luck dealing with their parts department than I've had thus far. It is very frustrating not being able to find any ordering information, parts numbers, etc.

Fortunately, in the mean time we have purchased an injection moulding machine in order to make face seals, so that we can make a proper seal for all of our caps. We have had good success moulding some seals for another product which have stood up well in chemical testing.

It is quite embarrassing to have to push off this project so far, but I had not considered that I would have no way to test what we produce here...and I certainly don't want to distribute a product to Europe that does not work in 20% + cases.

Sincerely,

Nicole

Der abschließbare BEM-Def-Loc-Ad-Blue-Tankdeckel ist gerade angekommen :) Danke Nicole !
    Die Gebühren für Zoll, UPS-Brokeragezuschlag und Steuern betrugen 34,22 € = 40.54 $
    Auf der Rechnung war der Tankdeckel mit 65.00 $ = 54,87 € ausgezeichnet.

Zum Tankdeckel:
    Hervorragend verarbeitet, hochwertige Dreh- und Fräsarbeit, sauber eloxiert, gut durchdacht, Tankentlüftung integriert, einfache Bedienung.

Morgen werde ich dann den Tankdeckel an Fahrzeugen testen.

You're very welcome. I am surprised at the price of the duties, though.

Thank you for the kind review of the appearance and operation. I look forward to hearing what you find out when you test it on the different vehicles.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your kind effort.
    May be one way could be, you send one of your locs to one of us for testing (I would be interested ;)), If it fits, I will pay the part, if not, I cold send it back. I guess, the shipment by DHL or FedEx could not be so expensive for such a small part. What do you think about it?

Regards, Mariechen

Hello, Mariechen, thank you for your offer. I am sorry that you fellows are having trouble with your AdBlue/DEF caps. I am pleased that you wish to test the BEM Auto DEF-Loc. I am working on a purchase price discount with my manager for folks who have already posted in this thread up to this time. That is, if the DEF-Loc which I shipped to Peter will work in any of the models of van discussed in this thread. If not, then we can pursue the procurement of a DEF filler neck and reverse engineering either a screw-in DEF cap, or a locking DEF cap for your application (based on the stipulations in my original post in this thread).

I am sorry that I did not reply sooner, but my work keeps my time occupied! Thanks to you, Mariechen, and everyone who has expressed an interest in the DEF-Loc.

Hello, again, all. Unfortunately in the USA where diesel vehicles are viewed with suspicion, I have not been able to locate a local Ram Promaster to test the DEF-Loc, or anyone who is sufficiently knowledgeable about the Promaster and other Fiat/Chrysler trucks/vans. I will pursue a solution. Thanks for your patience.

-- Nicole

Peter, Greetings from Kansas, USA. Thank you for your response.

I can look into a way to confirm whether the DEF filler neck is the same on the Ram Promaster, Fiat Ducato, Citroen Jumper, and Peugeot Boxer. As it stands, I do not know how to check it without having the filler neck. I will be in touch.

-- Nicole

Hello Folks, I am not here to advertise. I am not fluent in German, so will use Google Translate here. Firstly, I am surprised to see a DEF-Loc link in this forum.

My name is Nicole from BEM Auto (original designer/manufacturer of the DEF-Loc).

I understand from Mr. Reimann that there is some fit or staying problem with the DEF/AdBlue cap on the Peugeot. We are more than glad to sell you a DEF-Loc to try on your vehicle. We can also investigate a specific design for your Peugeot based on two considerations:

1) There will be a number of people who want the locking DEF cap.
    2) You or another interested party can procure us a DEF fill neck for the Peugeot in order to make our design.

Please let me know.
    -----
    Please forgive my lacking of knowledge of your language. Bitte vergib mir meine fehlende Kenntnis deiner Sprache.

Hallo Leute, ich bin nicht hier, um zu werben. Ich spreche nicht fließend Deutsch, also wird Google Translate hier verwendet. Erstens bin ich überrascht, einen DEF-Loc-Link in diesem Forum zu sehen.

Mein Name ist Nicole von BEM Auto (ursprünglicher Designer / Hersteller der DEF-Loc).

Ich verstehe von Herrn Reimann, dass es bei der DEF / AdBlue-Obergrenze für den Peugeot etwas Passendes oder Bleibendes gibt. Wir sind mehr als froh, Ihnen eine DEF-Loc zu verkaufen, um Ihr Fahrzeug anzuprobieren. Wir können auch ein spezifisches Design für Ihren Peugeot basierend auf zwei Überlegungen untersuchen:

1) Es wird eine Anzahl von Leuten geben, die die Verschluss DEF Kappe wünschen.
    2) Sie oder ein anderer Interessent können uns einen DEF-Einfüllstutzen für den Peugeot beschaffen, um unser Design zu gestalten.

Lass es mich wissen, bitte.